Nutritional Facts of Moringa
- Calcium - Up to 8.79 times more bioavailable.
- Chromium - Up to 25 times more bioavailable.
- Copper - 1.85 time more retained in the liver.
- Iron - 1.77 times more absorbed into blood.
- Magnesium - Up to 2.20 times more bioavailable.
- Manganese - 1.63 times more retained in the liver.
- Molybdenum - 16.49 times more absorbed into blood.
- Selenium - Up to 17.60 times the antioxidant effect.
- Zinc - 6.46 times more absorbed into blood
There are over 46 antioxidants and 36 anti-inflammatory compounds all naturally occurring in the Moringo plant. This is why many people prefer Moringa as the best natural source of anti-oxidants.
Moringa contains the following antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds or compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics.
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B (Choline), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B6, Alanine, Alpha-Carotene, Arginine, Beta-Carotene, Beta-sitosterol, Caffeoylquinic Acid, Campesterol, Carotenoids, Chlorophyll, Chromium, Delta-5-Avenasterol, Delta-7-Avenasterol, Glutathione, Histidine, Indole Acetic Acid, Indoleacetonitrile, Kaempferal, Leucine, Lutein, Methionine, Myristic-Acid, Palmitic-Acid, Prolamine, Proline, Quercetin, Rutin, Selenium, Threonine, Tryptophan, Xanthins, Xanthophyll, Zeatin, Zeaxanthin, Zinc.
Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Arginine, Beta-sitosterol, Caffeoylquinic Acid, Calcium, Chlorophyll, Copper, Cystine, Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9, Fiber, Glutathione, Histidine, Indole Acetic Acid, Indoleacetonitrile, Isoleucine, Kaempferal, Leucine, Magnesium, Oleic-Acid, Phenylalanine, Potassium, Quercetin, Rutin, Selenium, Stigmasterol, Sulfur, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Zeatin, Zinc.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Just as different letters of the alphabet are used to form different words, so are different amino acids used to build different proteins.
The human body is capable of manufacturing only 12 of the 20 different amino acids needed to build proteins used to grow, repair, and maintain cells. The other eight are known as essential amino acids because since the body cannot manufacture them, they must come from a person’s diet, usually red meat or dairy products.
8 Essential Amino Acids
Here is a list of the complete range of naturally occurring amino acids found in Moringa and a brief explanation of why our bodies require them:
- ISOLEUCINE builds proteins and enzymes and it provides ingredients used to create other essential biochemical components in your body, some of which promote energy and stimulate the brain to keep you alert.
- LEUCINE works with isoleucine to build proteins and enzymes which enhance your body’s energy and alertness.
- LYSINE insures your body absorbs the right amount of calcium. It also helps form collagen used in your bone cartilage and connective tissues. And lysine aids in the production of antibodies, hormones, and enzymes. Recent studies have shown lysine improves the balance of nutrients that reduce viral growth.
- METHIONINE primarily supplies sulfur to your body. It is known to prevent hair, skin, and nail problems while lowering cholesterol levels as it increases your liver’s production of lecithin. Methionine reduces liver fat and protects the kidneys, which reduces bladder irritation.
- PHENYLALAINE produces the chemical needed to transmit signals between your nerve cells and your brain. It can help keep you alert, reduce your hunger pains, plus improve your memory and your mood.
- THREONINE is an important part of collagen, elastin, and enamel proteins. Not only does it assist metabolism, threonine helps prevent fat build-up in the liverwhile boosting your body’s digestive and intestinal tracts.
- TRYPTOHYAN supports your immune system, alleviates insomnia, reduces anxiety, depression, and the symptoms of migraine headaches. It also isbeneficial in decreasing the risk of artery and heart spasms as it works with lysine to reduce cholesterol levels.
- VALINE is important in promoting a sharp mind, coordinated muscles, and a calm mood.
10 Non-Essential Amino Acids
These non-essential amino acids, which can be manufactured by your body with the help of proper nutrition, are also found abundantly in Moringa:
- ALANINE is important when it comes to building energy in your muscle tissue, brain, and central nervous system. It strengthens your immune system by producing antibodies. Alanine also helps in the healthy metabolism of sugars and organic acids in your body.
- ARGININE has been shown in studies to cause the release of the growth hormones considered crucial for optimal muscle growth and tissue repair. It also improves immune responses to bacteria, viruses, and tumor cells while promoting the healing of your body’s wounds.
- ASPARTIC ACID helps rid your body of ammonia created by cellular waste. When the ammonia enters your circulatory system it can act as a highly toxic substance which can damage your central nervous system. Recent studies have also shown that aspartic acid may decrease fatigue and increase endurance.
- CYSTINE functions as an antioxidant and is a powerful aid to the body in protecting against radiation and pollution. It can help slow the aging process, deactivate free radicals, and neutralize toxins. It also aids in protein synthesis and presents cellular change. It is necessary for the formation of new skin cells, which aids in the recovery from burns and surgical operations.
- GLUTAMIC ACID is food for the brain. It improves mental capacities, helps speed the healing of ulcers, reduces fatigue, and curbs your sugar cravings.
- GLYCINE promotes the release of oxygen required in the cell-making process. It is also important in the manufacturing of hormones responsible for a strong immune system.
- HISTIDINE is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, allergies, ulcers, and anemia. A lack of histidine may lead to poor hearing.
- SERINE is important in storing glucose in the liver and muscles. Its antibodies help strengthen your body's immune system. Plus, it synthesizes fatty acid sheaths around nerve fibers.
- PROLINE is extremely important for the proper function of your joints and tendons. It also helps maintain and strengthen heart muscles.
- TRYROSINE transmits nerve impulses to your brain. It helps overcome depression; improves memory; increases mental alertness; plus promotes the healthy functioning of the thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary glands.
Chlorophyll, the green pigment of plants, is an alkalinizing compound found in plants that helps offset the acidifying effect of the typical high-fat, high-protein Western diet. Because chlorophyll is not known to be an essential nutrient, a "deficiency" does not exist. People who do not eat plenty of green foods lack chlorophyll in their diets.
Chlorophyll is involved in the most important chemical reaction on earth, photosynthesis. Our lives would not be possible without it. Chlorophyll is the master chemical at the base of all of our food supply and oxygen production.
Chlorophyll, often referred to as "the blood of plants", is closely related to hemoglobin – the red pigment of red blood cells responsible for oxygen transport in many animals. The main difference between the two molecules is the metallic element in the center. In human blood hemoglobin consists of iron, while in chlorophyll, the metallic element is magnesium. Some people believe that this resemblance helps the chlorophyll to be better absorbed and used to "build up" blood and fight anemia. Some scientists and nutritionists do not believe it is absorbed internally (to reach the blood) but rather that it may act locally to support the health of the mouth, stomach and intestinal tract.
In either case, there is much evidence that chlorophyll could cure or ease acute infection of the respiratory tract and sinuses, chronic ulcers, and bad breath; it also accelerates wound healing and has been shown in animal studies to nullify the cancer-inducing effects of a variety of environmental (including food) toxins. Other studies have shown that chlorophyll supports liver function and detoxifi